Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Adventures

Deployments are never fun but this one will be a little different for me back at home. Last week I was appointed as the new command Ombudsman for Tim's ship. An Ombudsman, representing the Commanding Officer, is the liaison between the ship and it's families while it is in port and deployed. They maintain communication between the command and it's family members. I'm honored to be chosen for this position and follow some amazing wives that have held it before me. When Tim and I moved to San Diego two years ago, the Rentz was the first command where we saw any real support for the families to stay connected especially during deployment so I realize how important it is to have someone they can turn to for resources. I'm hoping that with this new duty, a hectic work schedule for the summer and hopefully getting back to the USO to volunteer more time on my days off I will be more than preoccupied this deployment and it will come and go in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment