Friday, August 9, 2013

Sayonara Japan!

Yesterday was the day we had been waiting so long for but yet dreading at the very same time. After almost four months of waiting for the Navy to make up their mind, Tim's orders were cut, our house was packed back up and we were Washington bound! I purposefully sat behind Tim on the shuttle ride up to the air base only because I knew the tears would be flowing! I definitely cried leaving the base for the very last time...it may have just been a year and a half that we spent in Japan but we definitely have a special place in our hearts for that country now.

Three hours later we arrived at Yokota Air Base and were dropped off at the Passenger Terminal for our flight back to the states. It was a long, hot day in Japan and there were several delays but we had Zoe and some of the other dogs that were on our flight to entertain us.


Two hours after our initial departure time and we are finally ready to board our plane!

The last picture I took while taking off. Sayonara Japan, we hope to be back soon! (And, yes...at this point I was crying again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment