Wednesday, August 10, 2011
First Fruits!
Two years ago when we first moved to California, my parents visited a month after we had arrived. They helped us paint, plant trees and shrubs in our backyard and help with some odds and ends around the house. My Dad was gracious enough to work in the heat the backyard an entire day while Mom and I headed out for the day shopping. One tree Tim and I were both excited about was our banana tree, the only fruit tree we currently have in our backyard. When he planted it, it was a whole two feet tall...now it almost reaches our windows upstairs on the second floor of our house. Today I noticed this bunch of what looks like little green tubes with flowers on the end surrounded by big purple leaves. I can't say I've ever seen bananas on their trees before, but if these don't end being bananas we're going to have some crazy looking flowers. Fingers crossed they are bananas, and even better, ones we can actually eat! Thanks again Dad, we'll be sure to mail you some banana bread :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment