Sunday, September 18, 2011
One Week
So, it's been one week since we said goodbye to Ron. We sure do miss him a lot but I think I can speak for myself when I say I am over the point of crying when I go to sleep and crying when I wake up reminding myself that he's not here anymore. It sure was hard at first noticing all of the little things that had changed. Ron was definitely my protector and would sit outside guarding the door whenever I took a shower or sat by my feet when I flipped my head over to blow dry my hair because he loved the warmth that came from the blow dryer. :) This past week Tim and I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of him and watching funny videos of Ron and Zoe playing together...it sure did help a lot. I spent the first couple days gathering pictures and putting together a little scrapbook of him, something I had been meaning to do for years. On another positive note, Zoe seems to be back to normal, she's eating all of her food now (that's definitely normal for her) and seems to love all the extra attention we're showing her so she doesn't feel lonely. With both of us back to work and having a second car, things are getting easier day by day. There isn't a day that we don't think of Ron and miss him more than anything but it's great to finally feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we can focus on the good things to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment