Monday, October 10, 2011
One Month of Missing Ron
Today marks one month that our home has been without Ron. It's definitely much different without him here but we are each learning to cope without the little man here with us. There was even an instance where I broke down crying in the grocery store when I saw a box of Ronzoni (another one of his nicknames) brand pasta.
We received his ashes back from the veterinarian's office a couple weeks ago and as silly as it may sound, I felt so relieved to finally be bringing him back home where I felt like he belonged. Now he will always be at home with us upstairs in our bedroom on the dresser where we can say hello to him each and every day. The same dresser he would always lay in front of to play with his favorite toys, take an afternoon nap or just guard the door while we were in there with him. It was one of his favorite lounge spots and I feel like it's the perfect place for him!
I even had my very first dream of him the other night. Ron was a puppy again, energetic and playful as always and was chasing me around the house nipping at my ankles. Whatever that meant, I have no idea but it was nice to finally see him again even if it was only in a dream.
I still won't move his toys from the back yard where he left them the last time he had energy to play with them. I still can't even wash the puppy blanket that Tim wrapped him up in that last day we took him to the vet's office. Instead, I've put it on top of Zoe's puppy bed so she can lay with it and hopefully still smell and remember her brother. Each day gets easier but some days I can't help but stop and think was there something more we could have done to help him? If so, he would be here with us today curled up on the couch with us in front of the fire watching movies. Just the four of us, how it was for such a long time. We all love you so much Ron and miss you every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment