Friday, May 6, 2011

Deployment #4



Today we said farewell to the USS Rentz and her crew. This is deployment #4 for Tim and his second one in two years that we've been in San Diego. (Looking back, now I guess we know what our Detailer meant by an "arduous duty ship" leaving more often than others, he was sure right about that!) The morning was foggy and gloomy as most mornings start out here. A lot of the locals call it May Gray followed by June Gloom. However, this goodbye was so much different than the last. Last time they left Tim and I had just arrived in San Diego, not knowing much about the ship, the city or knowing any new friends. This morning a bunch of us wives crowded together and took pictures waving goodbye to our sailors and then headed over to Starbucks to talk it all out. I came home afterwards feeling refreshed and with a completely positive outlook. I didn't want to sulk and slip back into bed to sleep the day away like I did last time. I was looking forward to the next six months and already imaging what Homecoming day would be like. So here's to a happy and speedy deployment wishing the very best for Tim and his shipmates!


Morning colors...



The ship pulling away from the pier


I FINALLY got him to smile...seriousness is so overrated!


Farewell Rentz!

No comments:

Post a Comment