Friday, May 13, 2011

Week #1 Down

We've made it through one of the hardest parts of deployment...week #1. Usually my routine consists of me telling myself the night he leaves, "oh, he has duty...he'll be home in the morning" and then when he doesn't I tell myself, "oh they're underway and will be back in a few days". After a week passes it finally sets in, we're in this for the long haul!

I start doing things around the house like throwing out the container of his favorite (Oreo) cookies that have only two left. I empty out the last sip of SunnyD from the fridge. Getting rid of these "little things" make the time go by quicker especially if they are out of my sight. Nothing hurts more than getting in the shower day after day only to see the little nub of soap in the corner that he used to shave with.

When I'm not working, all of my trainings and meetings as Ombudsman are definitely keeping me busy. What a difference from last deployment! The weather is gradually getting warmer so next week on my days off I'm sure I will scrub the house from top to bottom cleaning every little crevice. That should keep me occupied for at least two days straight! In the meantime, I check my email thirty times a day and catching myself reading and re-reading the very last one he sent. For some silly reason, that always makes seems to make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment