Wednesday, September 30, 2009

All good things must come to and end...

As hard as it is for me to type this... after 27 years, Caruso's Italian Restaurant closed its doors Monday, September 28th. Caruso's was a Kaiser/Lalli family tradition starting with my Mom once I entered Kindergarten. Years later me, Tim, my brothers, aunt and cousins would follow. I have only great memories of Caruso's and I know that my family would say the same. My first memories are of being at home about 6-7 years old and sneaking down into the dining room late at night when I was supposed to be in bed, waiting for my Mom to get home from work late at night... looking out the window for her car to pull into our driveway. She would often bring home wings, pizzas, etc. for dinner (and New Kids on the Block trading cards for me). I started working there my freshman year of High School. Who would have thought that first day of work I would meet my future husband? I sure didn't! Our family owes so much to Leo and the Caruso family for years of happy memories and a wonderful place to work and grow up in. I'll always remember wedding soup, Hoffman's pharmacy, bringing endless buckets upon buckets of ice front, rolling silverware and hanging out in the break room. We will never forget Caruso's and everything that has happened in our lives because of it and look forward to the day Leo can tell our kids how "Mom and Dad" met back at work.

2 comments:

  1. Good blog. Made me cry today. Sure does leave a lot of memories with our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SAD! :( I will never forget our sleepover snacks from Caruso's - thanks Mama Mar! And so many great lunches and dinners with family and friends there. It was the only "local" place I ever wanted to take Tony. It definitely holds a very special place in so many hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete