Sunday, September 20, 2009

First FRG meeting...


This morning was my first "official" FRG meeting as a Navy wife. I have to say that it really wasn't what I expected...mainly because I was the only one there that didn't have a child or pregnant! In a way, I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb at first, but it was nice to meet and play with some of the wives children and hold their babies. After all, they are the ones that really have it rough these few months while Dad is away! Our Ombudman, Suh, read aloud emails from the Captain, XO and CMC all wishing us well and telling us to keep up the great work back on the homefront. They were all so touching and hearing their words of encouragement really made me tear up a bit! We then got to work on the guy's Halloween centerpieces for the mess hall (pictured left). My friend Cortney and I decided to go all out with ours, though I still have a hard time trying to see the resemblence to a jack-o-lantern. Finally, we formed an assembly line and made 210 (one for each sailor onboard) Halloween goodie bags, with all sorts of yummy candy! They, along with the centerpieces, will be mailed out this week just in time for the guys to get them and enjoy by October 31st!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, those are cute!! :) And I totally sympathized with being the only childless/non-pregnant wife - you get used to it eventually. We're a rarity in the military though!

    ReplyDelete