Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We're Ready!

And by "we" I mean the dogs...after all the only thing they have to do is wear their red white and blue bandannas on Homecoming day and look cute. I, on the other hand, seem like I have a million and one things to do and are no where near ready. You would think after a span of 8 months I would be ready for this day. I don't think there is really any way to completely prepare for a Homecoming whether it be physically, emotionally or mentally.

March has already been a whirlwind of a month. After a week's delay, Brandon finally made it to Parris Island for 13 weeks of boot camp. Mom texted after she got the one phone call she had been waiting all day for, he had made it safely but in her words, it sounded nothing like him. And so starts the transformation into another great servicemember of our country! I wrote my first letter to him tonight. Now all we need is his address! In the picture above, we keep Brandon's senior class picture in a frame in our living room. It wasn't until last night, I found myself crying everytime I walked into the room and saw it. I may have to turn it around for a week or so, at least until I can compose myself and not become hysterical! Hey what can I say, it's in our family's blood...we are criers, lol!

The Rentz left Japan after a short two day stop and they are on their way to Guam, Hawaii to pick up the Tigers and last but not least returning back home to San Diego! The next three weeks will be spent scrubbing the house top to bottom, grocery shopping for "real" food to fill our cupboards again and trying to figure out how in the heck to hang this Homecoming banner that seems to be as big as our house! The dogs and I will keep you posted throughout the weeks, so check back often for updates on the big day!

1 comment:

  1. Zoe and Joe look adorable.... Ok, you made me cry again. Nice write up

    ReplyDelete