Sunday, January 29, 2012

On the Move

In a previous post, I mentioned that the Navy wasn't going to keep us in San Diego for Tim's last two years of sea duty. He received a verbal confirmation from his detailer of where we would be headed to but we both wanted to keep it hush until he actually received a hard copy of his orders. Well, they finally arrived. Today, when Tim went into work he had an email from his detailer and inside the email was an attachment...his orders. Tim, Zoe and I will be heading to Yokosuka, Japan by the end of March!

This is a quicker report date than usual because Tim is filling what's called a "hot billet", basically a job opening they need to fill quicker than normal. With any luck, Tim will be able to request a 30 day extension on the report date which will put us there at the end of April. We sure could use all the extra time we can get! The last step is for Tim to complete an overseas screening, after that is finally finished we know it's a done deal. However we are taking proactive measures on getting things done as quick as possible, my overseas screening, Zoe's workup with the military veterinarian, scheduling moving dates, selling my car, meeting with our Realtor and deciding what to leave behind here in San Diego to store for the next three years.

These past two weeks have been a whirlwind. We've had so many questions on our mind. Are we going to be able to sell our house? If we end up having kids over there, how are they going to know their family halfway around the world? Is our new furniture going to fit in a little Japanese house?!?!? I've gone through every single emotion possible and if you ask Tim he would probably say I've had at least three nervous breakdowns. From disbelief, scared out of my mind, nervousness, anxious, nauseous, denial, yelling, screaming and bawling my eyes out...I can say I speak for all three of us when I say we're finally ready for this (as best as you can mentally prepare yourself in two weeks). We're excited and looking forward to our journey in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment