Okay, I couldn't think of a better title for this post. We are on the move once again but this time it's only a short car ride away. We are finally moving out of the Navy Lodge and into our house! We've been in the Navy Lodge for a little over a month now and boy, do these walls start closing in on you. I'm never one to complain because we all know we could be stuck with worse. It finally takes a toll on you when the bed you sleep in is also the "couch" you watch TV on and the "table" you sometimes eat your meals on too. The small kitchenette isn't much and I can't wait to have a normal sized refrigerator and not live out of a mini fridge that only fits a carton of milk, two bottles of water and six eggs at a time!
It's not all bad though, I can say I'll miss the free housekeeping service we get daily. I would love for someone to make my bed and restock my bathroom with fresh towels every day! However, we are looking forward to being surrounded by familiar things, like our new living and dining room furniture we were only able to enjoy for a couple weeks in San Diego before the movers came and packed it all up. I am looking forward to the day when Tim, Zoe and I can snuggle up on our couch with our blankets and my favorite whale coffee cup and enjoy coffee from our Keurig (yes, most of you have heard that about a million times since we left the states...I miss my Keurig!)
It won't be long now...just a few more days after this holiday weekend and our little family will once again be reunited in a new house we have to make our "home" again. Tim and I joke almost daily that neither one of us can remember half of the things the movers packed and what they put in storage so when the moving company finally does show up at our front door it will be like Christmas again every time they unwrap a piece of furniture, picture frame or dish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment