Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We're Not "New" Anymore!

Today was such a great day! I was able to help a new wife (who just arrived yesterday) out at a bus stop and point her in the right direction to where she was headed...I even told her what bus to take and where to get off! The first thing I said to myself was "That was me two weeks ago. I'm not a newbie anymore"!

In the past two weeks Tim has checked into his ship, we finished a week long mandatory orientation, got acquainted with the public transportation both on and off base, received our Japanese drivers licenses, are in the process of purchasing a car, secured housing for ourselves out in town, got Zoe moved in with her temporary family while in quarantine, explored out around town and so much more! Even though those weeks felt like months at times it really does feel like we've accomplished a whole lot in such a small time.

Right now I feel like I'm in a waiting period where are just "waiting" for our advance pay for housing to kick in so we can move into our house. We are waiting on a base inspection and final paperwork to purchase our car. I am waiting for both a car and a more permanent living situation to start looking for a job myself. Most importantly, we are waiting for all of the above so we can get Zoe and take her home with us for good!

I'm sure we have an eventful few weeks ahead of us once everything starts coming together. You can be sure of many posts with lots and lots of pictures when we finally get a car, move into our house and all of the other fun things we have to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment