Saturday, January 23, 2010

2 months to go...

Today we're starting the countdown for the last 60 days until Tim returns home! If I'm this excited now I can't even begin to imagine how I will feel the last 30 days, 10 days or the night before. I try and think back to Tim's last Homecoming...it wasn't exactly planned like this one. On his last deployment, Tim transferred from sea duty to shore duty halfway through the deployment, so after four months of being away from home I get a call from him asking if I could pick him up at the airport later that night. Talk about surprise...I had a whole six hours to prepare for his Homecoming! That was clearly unexpected but didn't make our reunion any less special when it was just the two of us at the airport. This time will be different in so many ways but I don't think anything can prepare me for it. I can't wait until that day comes, and in the meantime I will be plenty busy here at home, work and getting last minute items done for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment