Tuesday, January 19, 2010

February's care package

It's the end of another month, which always means another care package on it's way out to Tim. This will be the very last care package he gets from me and I'm so excited. We just found out the date the ship will be returning home and although I can't announce it, let's just say there won't be time for him to get another package in March! Homecoming preparations are already underway with the FRG and here at home. I have already booked our cruise to Baja Mexico in late April and I am working on booking another trip to Vegas for a couple of days. We both are so ready for vacations with each other, we can't wait! It will be nice to relax and get away for a few days and then come home and start exploring San Diego together, both of which we didn't have time to do when we first moved here.

February's care package is themed around Valentine's day. I also made Tim a chain link to countdown his last 30 days until he comes home. This is a tradition that my Mom started with us kids when we were younger. From Christmas to birthdays and other events, we would always make paper chains out of different colored construction paper and tear one off each day until it was the big day for whatever it was we were counting down to. Who knows, Tim may hide it in his rack out of embarassment, but I thought it would be a great way to heighten the excitement that very last month. Each link has a number starting with 30 and a handwritten message from me. Hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment