Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What we've been up to...

It's been awhile since I have had a post on here. Things at home have been filled with much excitement and anticipation. First of all, my brother, Brandon, is getting ready to leave for USMC boot camp in Parris Island, SC. We were all surprised to learn that he might leave much sooner than we had all mentally prepared ourselves for. February 22nd may all of a sudden turn into January 16th. I, along with the rest of our family and friends, are happy and couldn't be more proud of him. But as I have said numerous times before, I hope it's later than sooner that he leaves. I guess I just haven't come to terms with him growing up and starting his life yet!

On another note, I have been been doing some small things around the house and outside of the house preparing for our big day, which is yet to be announced what day it will actually will be. The ship will be returning sometime in late March and my anticipation has grown into anxiousness as I plan small vacations and day trips for us to take once Tim is home. Our Family Readiness Group (FRG) has started Homecoming preparations with our first meeting this coming Saturday. My Mom's friend from High School, Teryn, who lives in Oxnard, CA is graciously donating a box of 300 small U.S. flags that had been sitting in her garage, no use to her. I am sure the entire FRG will be very grateful for those when the big day arrives. I am still in search of the perfect Homecoming outfit, if there is such a thing as one. Three of the dresses, are hanging in my closet as I, one by one, eliminate them as a possibility. After all, we have no idea what the weather will be like that day.

Speaking of weather, ours here in southern California has been unusually mild for this time of year. Natives have been telling me that they are used to colder (and by colder, I mean 65 degree days) weather and much more rain. So far, we've had a week of rain, all in which came in December. The New Year has been nothing but beautiful, sunny 75 degree days. Tomorrow, unfortunately they are calling for rain in the forecast.

This weekened will bring two new guests to the Lalli house. My cousin Lisa and her husband Morgan, from Las Vegas, will be coming in for the Chargers vs. Jets playoff game. Although it will be a short overnight trip, it will be great to be surrounded by family again!

The Rentz will be making a stop in Thailand in the beginning of February after almost two straight months of being out to sea. Tim hopes to relax with some friends at a nearby hotel on the beach. They all deserve some much needed R&R time! Stop back later in the week for more updates as our Homecoming plans come together and we start our final countdown to seeing the guys again!

No comments:

Post a Comment