Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rainy days

We are heading into our fifth straight day of rain. Honestly, I am enjoying it...it's not snow but it is giving everything here a much needed wash down! I have to coax the dogs outside to go potty by throwing treats outside then shutting the door on them after they run outside after them; they eventually find cover in their cabana or under an over sized leaf on our banana tree. Although, what you may hear about Southern California on the news, everything here in our neck of the woods is fine. We are fortunate to live in higher elevation and everything drains down the driveway, down the road and down the hill. There are no mudslides, flooding or need to stock up on sandbags here! Today was the worst of the three back to back storms which closed the airport for most of the morning and afternoon.

I have had a few days off of work which means an early start to spring cleaning around the house. I got Tim's care package done and ready to ship out for next month, started shopping for February birthdays and started organizing closets, cupboards and the garage. Unfortunately, Tim's email was down for the better part of a week but finally got an email today. All is good and well and he is ready to get home, we start the 60 day countdown soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment