In the meantime, Tim and I are enjoying reading up on Japanese cultures and customs. We've added apps to our phones to learn simple Japanese phrases. So far I can count to ten and say "hello", "goodbye" and "my name is Tiffaney"...watashi no namae wa Tiffaney :) I'm looking forward to moving there and learning about a whole different country, their people, the food and the land. However there is one reoccurring item that I keep coming across that scares me to death. Go ahead and laugh now, I am dreading Japanese toilets!

Yes, the toilets. I know that most Japanese homes come with your standard American toilet but it seems that most of the ones in public restrooms have more buttons than the remote for my television! There is a button to warm the seat, buttons for different areas of water to shoot at and even buttons for music to play when you don't want the person next to you to hear you "doing your business". I'm afraid that I'll have to use one of these and never figure out how to flush it!

This was a sign I just had to laugh at. A sign in a public restroom to explain to you how to use (and not use) the toilet. I especially love the bottom left picture, no fishing in the toilets please!




No comments:
Post a Comment