When we chose this house we knew we had a lot of work to do to get the yard looking halfway decent. We knew this house was rented out by a military family before us and from the looks of it they certainly treated it that way. It was so overgrown with weeds everywhere not to mention the grass was about six inches tall. Tim and I are super excited to finally have a yard (a real yard, not an artificial one) to cut the grass, plant and tend to however we want.
Before...
Our trees and shrubs are trimmed by the city twice a year but the yard is ours and we have free range to do what ever we would like with it. In San Diego, nothing grew and it if it did you water bill was through the roof trying to maintain it. I think the only thing I was successful with was that huge cactus! Here, it rains so often that everything is so lush and green you really can't go wrong, mother nature takes care of most of it for you! This weekend we spent Sunday afternoon weeding out the yard...I've never seen so many roots! We ended up with two large trash bags and laid new seed to hopefully thicken up the grass a bit. Can't wait to see what it looks like a few months from now!
No comments:
Post a Comment