Sunday, June 10, 2012

Adding Some Color...

This weekend was beautiful and sunny so we didn't want to spent it in the house! Instead we headed down the corner to our local grocery store that has a garden section out from that would put most Lowe's and Home Depot's to shame! I picked up some flowers to add to our flower beds. We have so many lush green trees and shrubs in our yard so we needed some color to break it up. I spent Sunday planting flowers while Tim researched DIY water gardens (a small pond). We have a corner of the yard that would fit a small pond perfectly so that will be Tim's new project!
Our little flower bed! It still needs some work...edging, mulch and hopefully they will nice and full soon!
 Soooo many rocks in our yard...so I collected them in a bucket as I was weeding and planting, washed them off and dumped them into our "rock pit" for now, which is holding our hose in place!

I nearly screamed when I saw these! The first week we were here I bought a little pack of seeds from the 100 yen store. They are supposedly these pretty purple flowers with long, flowing vines. I planted them all in a row, watered them and crossed my fingers. Sure enough they are starting to sprout! I have never grown anything from a seed in my life. Period. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of their progress over the weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment