Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tokyo, Memorial Day Weekend

 I can't remember a Memorial Day weekend, or any weekend or holiday for that matter, that Tim and I have been off of work together. We were throwing around the idea of taking a trip somewhere since we were still cooped up in the Navy Lodge. Since Zoe was still staying with our friends on base we knew she was in good hands and realized this would probably the last three day weekend we could get away and not have to worry about someone looking after her. We decided to take the short train ride (about an hour and a half) up to Tokyo and stay over one night. Here are just a few pictures of our very short stay up there...I'm sure we will be planning another trip up there very soon!
Our hotel...
The trains in Japan are just one of the many things that amaze me. They are quiet, clean and the most efficient mode of transportation I've ever experienced! You can set your watch to the time they arrive, they are always on time...never early and never late! The best thing is that each station plays a little song about 30 seconds before the train arrives. Sort of like a reminder to line up to board and stay clear of the tracks! :)
View from our hotel room

At night we headed to Roppongi, a popular nightlife area in Tokyo to have some sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment