Monday, November 23, 2009

Decorating for Christmas

It's that time of year again, my favorite time of the year when I can get all of the huge Rubbermaid tubs out of storage along with the tree and put everything up. This year is is different for so many reasons of course, we are no longer in our tiny apartment...but rather have our very own home. However, it really won't feel like "our first Christmas" together, for the very reason that we won't be able to spend it together. Not to mention the fact my family and I will be vacationing the week before Christmas and I ultimately will be working all holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

I told myself first I wouldn't decorate the house, but now that I've had that itch for red and green, I broke down and will be decorating today. However, I am sticking to our tiny 4 1/2 ft. tree from our old apartment, it just doesn't seem right to go out and get the huge 8ft tree (oh yeah, you know me it's going to be a big one!) new ribbon, lights garland for the staircase, ornaments, etc. without Tim. I want us to share our first Christmas in our new home together and if that means waiting until next year to do, then that's what will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment