Today was the first day it has rained since we have been here in San Diego. The local news said 164 days to be exact! It's been raining all day and probably will continue throughout the night. I came home from work today and stopped off at the mailbox to mail out our Christmas cards. So glad that I did, because when I opened the door of the mailbox, I saw a corner of an envelope with the word "FREE" in familiar handwriting. It was a card from Tim, actually...it was three cards from Tim! Emails are great but a handwritten letter or message in a greeting card is something you can hold onto forever, it just feels so much better. I swear I have read each one about twenty times, both myself and to the dogs (yes, I am that crazy). You have to know Tim to know that he's not a greeting card type of guy, he would rather write his own words instead of buying someone else's, so I know what it took for him to buy them for me. Love him! I jumped right on the computer to email him that they had arrived and that they will be on the fireplace mantle, and there they will stay until he comes home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment