The statue with the USS Stennis at NS North Island in Coronado in the background. If you look really close by the woman's ankle you can see a worker with a straw hat on, to give you an idea of the size of the statue.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
The First Kiss
Since I could remember (even before Tim) the old black and white photo (above) of a WWII sailor kissing a nurse in NYC Time's Square has been a favorite of mine. I even have a copy of it framed in my bedroom and now, given the life Tim and I share, I think it holds an even greater significance for us. Especially these days when the only thing on my mind is his Homecoming. Before coming to San Diego I had always read and heard about a giant 25 foot replica of that picture as a statue downtown on the bay. Well, today I finally found it and was able to snap a picture of my very own! It's really something you can't fully imagine until you are standing underneath it and really get the full effect of how large it actually is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment