Monday, December 7, 2009

Rain, rain, go away....

Today was our first rain of the season... what everyone is calling "winter" here. Hey, if it's a couple days of wind and rain, I can definitely handle that! So since it was such a blah day I got some things done around the house, packed for Saturday, gave the dogs a bath, packed their bag for the Puppy Hotel next week. I realized that today's weather would be a big deal when I flipped on the local news and they said that your local fire stations are handing out free sandbags! (Now I realize why everyone is obsessed with the Weather Channel back east and not too big of a deal out here!) According to our local weather, today's rainfall sets a new record, beating the last record rainfall back in 1992! Sorry... I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of a little rain, but it's one of those things you take for granted when you haven't seen it in 6+ months!

No comments:

Post a Comment