"He was my Shipmate and a great Shipmate! When we set sail from San Diego, I glanced on the pier and took in concern on all your faces. I have vowed to return back with everyone, with every finger and every toe. I can not help but feel I have somehow failed to safeguard this sailor. I have lost a child, a Father's son, a Mother's baby.
Losing a shipmate is one of the hardest things to go through, but we will get through it.
I am consumed with emotion and adrenaline but remain strong and focused because the crew of the mighty warship Rentz deserves it. This was an accident and I refuse to allow anyone to bear responsibility.
The entire COC is doing an outstanding job supporting one another. The CO's action, support and genuine love for the crew have made this process bearable. We are fully assisting all Sailors with coping, receiving grief counseling or any special needs as required. USS Nimitz has provided both Chaplains and Psychologists to counsel the crew and we are making preparations for a memorial service at sea."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment